The estate was named Beau-Séjour in 1787 by General Jacques de Carle, the proprietor at the time. Michel Bécot bought the estate from Doctor Jean Fagouet in 1969 and further increased the area under vine from 10.5 hectares to 15 by acquiring 4.5 hectares on the Trois Moulins plateau in 1979. The château then took on the name of Beau-Séjour Bécot. The vines are planted on perfectly homogenous soil ideal for producing fine wine. Michel Bécot retired in 1985. His two sons, Gérard and Dominique, now manage the estate.